Hey, wizards and witches! Update 0.8.2 of the Wizards Unite Beta has just dropped, and it's got some pretty nice updates! Here's a quick rundown of what changes Niantic made in this recent patch.
- Customizable Portraits
- Direct-to-social media sharing
- Daily Tasks
- New Tasks added
- Rewards changed
- Wizarding Challenges
- Wait times changed
- Challenge Family XP changed
- Diagon Alley
- Price changes
- Exstimulo Potions adjusted
Let's walk through the changes!
Ministry ID and Portraits
Finally, we have access to a feature everyone loves - customization! We knew that personalized Portraits were on the way, and now at last they've shown up. You can use Accessories (Lenses, Frames, and Filters) and Stickers to make your very own ideal Portrait. Plus, you can share your Ministry ID, your Portrait, and your Photo Mode pictures straight to social media networks of your choice without leaving the game at all!
This update also has brought two all-new Daily Tasks:
- Use 1 Potion (Rewards 2 scrolls)
- Win 1 Wizarding Challenge (Rewards 2 coins)
On top of that, the coin reward for completing all Daily Tasks has been increased from 5 to 8 Coins!
However, to compensate, the reward for the Brew a Potion Daily Task has been reduced from 4 scrolls to 2 scrolls.
Based on community reaction so far, we would speculate that the Wizarding Challenge Daily Task may get removed, because it's much harder for some people to access Fortresses compared to others depending on location. Keep an eye out - we'll let you know as soon as more changes come through!
Niantic is also shuffling around some facets of Wizarding Challenges!
- When starting your first Wizarding Challenge, the wait time has been reduced from 30 seconds to 7 seconds.
- When starting all Wizarding Challenges, the wait time has been reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
- The amount of Challenge Family XP required to open Challenge Trunks has been decreased
- The amount of Challenge Family XP gained from playing with teammates has increased, scaling with the number of teammates: a boost of 25% extra XP per additional teammate, capping at 100% extra XP when 5 players work together.
Last but not least, we have some small updates to a few Diagon Alley products and one of the Potions that Players can Brew.
Several Diagon Alley items have had their prices reduced, allowing Players with fewer Coins to not miss out!
In addition, all three levels of the Exstimulo Potion (basic, Strong, and Potent) have been buffed to decrease the Threat Meter even further when used!
That's it for this quick update, as we get closer to the game's proper launch! What's your favorite part of the update?